What is a Money Plant?
The money plant is a beautiful plant that you can keep indoor, in your balcony garden, or in a hanging basket.
can easily grow money plants both indoors and outdoors. Money plants are one of the most popular plants that you can spot in homes.
They grow in direct & indirect sunlight & have high survival rates. Other common names of money plants are- Golden pothos,
Five leaves on each branch of money plants represent the five elements of Feng Shui- Metal, Wood, Water, Fire, and Earth
The plant is also extremely popular as it brings good luck to your home. Apart from that, the plant is also famous for its air-purifying capab
Propagating a Money Plant
It is easy to propagate the money plant from cuttings. You either get a healthy plant from a nursery or acquire the cuttings from a mature plant at home. To propagate your money plant, get a healthy stem, and cut a 4–6-inch section below the root node.
Do remember to keep a few leaves at the top attached. Your cuttings are now ready to be planted, and you can propagate them Growing Money Plant in pot with Soil
Growing Money Plant in a pot with Soil
- There are two methods for growing money plant with soil.
- One method is to grow cutting in a small pot or glass or water bottle with for a couple of weeks till the root formation. Once cutting gets complete toot system, then transplant it into the desired container filled with frilled with fertile well-drained soil.
- Another method is, Select a medium sized pot with a good draining system.
- And fill it with well drained soil; money plant thrives in all type of soil.
- Fill the soil, leaving 2 inches of space between the soil surface and rim of the pot.
- Make a 2-inch-deep hole in the middle of the pot, insert the node, and fill the hole with soil and tap the soil firmly.
- Water plant and place the pot a location where it gets at least 2 to 2 hours of sunlight.
- Maintain the moisture levels, till roots emerge.
- It takes a couple of weeks for root establishment.
- Once the cutting frons a complete roots system, place the pot in the desired location in the house where it gets partial sunlight or shade and water the plants once a week, dry6 soil completely during the water session.
- Arrange some stake support for the vine to climb.
17 total views, 1 views today